Web links: Here is a sampling of helpful websites for job search and general information.
- Silicon Beach LA
- FlexJobs.com Telecommuting Jobs
- StartupHire.com Job Search
- Malakye.com an Action Sports Job Search Engine
- O*Net Online
- World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms
- Venice Family Clinic
- Skylight Books
- 97 Top Non Profit Job Boards
- The Mind Trust is on the lookout for innovative individuals who want to transform public education. Its national Education Entrepreneur Fellowship program is aimed at ventures that target underserved and disadvantaged children with solutions that attack the root problems in the delivery of K-12 public education. People of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to apply on a rolling basis for the two-year fellowships, which offer a salary of $90,000 per year, full benefits and a $20,000 start-up stipend.
- StyleCareers.com: The largest, fashion-only job listing site on the Internet!!!
- SelectLeaders – Real Estate Jobs
- VIA Survey
- Awakening Joy
- American Marketing Association- Career Job Board
- USA Jobs
- Barbara Stanny Teleclasses
- Career Jet.com
- Connecting Los Angeles
- Non-Profit Career Network
- Cynopsis Media
- American Society for Training and Development
- Professionals in Human Resources Association
- The Department on Disability, City of Los Angeles
- Urban League of Los Angeles
- Working Wardrobes
- Attorneys Forum – Legal Help and Law Discussion Forums.
- www.strozziinstitute.com – The Strozzi Institute
- Edjoin.org – jobs in public education
- The Rouge Wave – an edu-taining blog about the intersection of life, screenwriting and living in Los Angeles.
- Servas.org – Travelers take turns hosting one another.
- Helpx.net – Locals give tourists a place to stay in exchange for what is typically four or five hours a day of manual labor.
- Beyond Baroque – LA’s leading literary/arts center
- Conference Call University – provides a comprehensive directory of Teleseminars, Webinars, and Podcasts
- CelebratingMen – Rediscover MEN â€“ with compassion, understanding and the ability to get what you need from them with less effort and more satisfaction for both of you.
- Andrew Susskind, LCSW, BCD – Psychotherapy
- SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” – a nonprofit association dedicated to providing entrepreneurs with free, confidential face-to-face and email business counseling. Business counseling and workshops are offered at 389 chapter offices across the country.
- The Volunteer Center of Los Angeles – is a program of the Assistance League of Southern California, a social service organization headquartered in Hollywood. The league has provided essential services to needy families, children and individuals in Greater Los Angeles since 1919.
- The International Coach Federation – promotes excellence in professional life coaching, business coaching, executive coaching and corporate coaching.
- SBA: Small Business Administration | CALIFORNIA office – CALIFORNIA State Services provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration Offices and Partners.
- Workinpr – Premier recruitment for the PR industry
- www.lawjobs.com – It’s in the name. Search for Law and Legal jobs online
- Fast Company Magazine – Fast Company is the magazine for a generation of business leaders with high expectations for their companies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Home Page – Lots of info on this page
- Center for Women’s Business Research – Center for Women’s Business Research is the premier source of knowledge about women business owners and their enterprises worldwide. The Center’s mission is to unleash the economic potential of women entrepreneurs by conducting research, sharing information and increasing knowledge about this fast-growing sector of the economy.
- CEOExpress.com – Business portal for executives created by a CEO
- The Drake Institute – Employing non-drug treatment for attention deficit disorder and stress related disorders
- FindBliss.com – Great online source for designing a life worth living.
- Nonprofit Directions – formerly known as Opportunity NOCs, is a job site and a weekly print publication which lists employment opportunities in the Southern California nonprofit sector.
- CHADD – is a national non-profit, tax-exempt organization providing education, advocacy and support for Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
- mediabistro – career and community for media professionals
- The Daisy Chain – dedicated to connecting you with family resources, support services, activities, and events in your local area.
- Career InfoNet! – Find wages and employment trends, occupational requirements, state by state labor market conditions, millions of employer contacts nationwide, and the most extensive career resource library online.
- LA Observed – Blog, by Kevin Roderick, author, journalist, and Angeleno Full of great tidbits, observations and hearsay about Los Angeles
- MadeleineLewis.com – Cool site for fitness model Madeleine Lewis.
- TopangaSurfCompany – Our favorite web design company
- Jobs- The easiest way to find the latest UK vacancies.
- Healthcare Jobs- The easiest way to find the latest UK healthcare vacancies.
- Jibber Jobber
- A fantastic list of 100 places to start looking for great business and entrepreneurship information.
- www.thework.com the website about the work of Byron Katie
- Done Deal Professional Job Board
- Careers in Wind
- Higher Education Jobs
- Green Drinks International
- Eco Tuesday – The Sustainable Business Leaders Networking Forum
- Statring Up Green
- Opportunity Green
- South Coast Marketing & Events
- Green America
- Socal Tech
- Startup Beat
Work at Home/Co-Work Locations:
From blackboards to white walls to modern fixtures and old fashioned friendliness, The CoLoft is blocks from the beach (for when you need a stretching break) but close enough to local coffee spots to keep your head off the keyboard (or caffeinate from their kitchenette). Multiple pricing platforms make this easy on the wallet for the day ($35.00) or the year ($495.00.) With full AV capabilities, meeting space, community tables or solo spots you can socialize or retreat, all under one roof.
- The Writer’s Junction
What do you call a place where everyone has a witty, contagious sense of humor, an abiding affection for Jon Stewart, multiple book titles under their belt and regular blogging privileges on Huff Post? Yup, it’s The Writers Junction. Cruise into this pen den and get busy writing your future best seller, or grab one of several meeting spaces and workshop a TV treatment with your partner. TWJ has memberships starting at just $99.00 buckaroos.
- The Writer’s Room
For those living closer to the Hollywood sign than a 6-foot swell, The Writers Room is more than a space to “get it done”, as they say on their site. Enjoy a speaker series and reference library among the east side lit pack. No kitchenette but you’re welcome to bring your Joe, a laptop and good vibes; this cozy outpost is for optimists only. Membership is flexible – easy in, easy out – and starts at $65.00 for a week-long pass.
Los Angeles Area Resources:
- United Way Los Angeles
- LA County Services
- Healthy City: Find Local LA Services
- Additional Career Centers in LA
- LA City wide service Directory
- City of Santa Monica Guide to Social Resources
- LA coalition to end homelessness
- LINE of Los Angeles
INFO LINE of Los Angeles is dedicated to providing an easy to use, caring, professional source of guidance, advocacy, and 24 hours/7 days per week access to a comprehensive range of human services to the people of Los Angeles County.
Contact Information: INFO LINE of Los Angeles (800) 339-6993
l Los Angeles (323) 686-0950 l West Los Angeles (310) 551-2929
l Airport Area (310) 671-7464 l South Bay/Long Beach (310) 603-8962
l San Gabriel Valley (626) 350-6833 l Burbank/Glendale (818) 956-1101
l San Fernando Valley (818) 501-4447
- Los Angeles Coalition to End Hunger & Homelessness
Working collectively to end hunger & homelessness through public education, technical assistance, public policy analysis, organizing and community action. Phone: 213-439-1070
- The People’s Guide to Welfare, Health & Other Services
The People’s Guide gives practical information about how to get food, money and other help from government programs and community services. You do not have to view the entire site; just find the topic you need in the Table of Contents. The People’s Guide also gives advice on what to do if you are treated unfairly or do not receive what you are entitled to by law. We are all better off when everyone has these necessities of life!
- Shelters in LA
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA).
Those in need of emergency shelter are encouraged to go directly to one of the listed pick-up points for free transportation, rather than the site address. All shelters will open at approximately 6:00 PM, with the exception of the Sylmar Armory, which will open at 7:00 PM.
Overnight Emergency Shelter Locations & Transportation Schedule
For up-to-the-hour information about the Shelters, including changes
in pick-up sites, shelter locations and shelter closures, please call: Shelter Hotline: 1-800-548-6047 *This information is subject to change.
- Emergency Housing & Services Programs
- Transitional Housing Programs
- Supportive Services
- Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority web site
- Fair Housing Resources
- Clothes the Deal
- St. Joseph Center
- Union Rescue Mission